Fire 04 house 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (2/12/20) — A late night fire at 232 Hall Street has displaced a Madisonville family from their home.

Madisonville Fire Department crews responded 11:16 p.m. Tuesday to fight the blaze showing in the back of the home that had spread to two or three rooms.

MFD reported all residents were out of the house as firefighters arrived on scene. Madisonville Police Department officers were at the site as well as several bystanders. The fire was under control at 12:48 a.m.

A resident told fire officials that she was running the clothes dryer prior to the fire, according to the report. One of the children in the home alerted adults to the fire inside. MFD officials were unable to determine the make and model of the dryer due to heavy fire. Due to the damage in that area of the home, MFD deemed the dryer as the likely origin of the fire.

The home was cordoned off and the Red Cross assisted the family.

SurfKY News

sitelogosm© Copyright 2008 - 2020 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission.

Click here to subscribe to receive daily updates by email.

Most Read This Week...

Most Read This Month

Partly Cloudy


Hopkins, KY

Partly Cloudy

Humidity: 54%

Wind: 4.35 m/h

  • 25 Feb 2020

    Scattered Showers 58°F 43°F

  • 26 Feb 2020

    Scattered Showers 47°F 35°F

Weather brought to you by

Market Report brought to you by

Market Report

Stories Trending Today